Accessing the Results API using Excel
To connect to the Results API from Excel 2016:
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Click the Data tab in the ribbon.
- From the From Other Sources drop-down list, select the From OData Data Feed option. The Data Connection Wizard opens.
- In the Link or File field, enter the URL of the Results API service for the Questionmark account you want to access.
- In the Log on credentials section, check the Use this name and password option and enter the username and password of a reporting administrator user for the Questionmark account you are trying to access.
- Click Next. If your credentials are correct, the Select Tables dialog opens.
- Select the checkbox next to Name to select all Results API feeds, or choose just the specific feeds you want to access.
- Click Next. The Save Data Connection File and Finish dialog opens. Here, you can enter a description so that others understand what your data connection points to in case you will be sharing this worksheet with others. You can also give it a Friendly Name, i.e., a short nickname.
- Click Finish. Now, you can choose in which format you want to view this data and whether to open a new worksheet.
- After making your decisions, click OK to import the data into your worksheet. Because Excel actually downloads all of the result data from each feed so it has it locally, if have large amounts of data in your Results Warehouse, the import process may take a while.
The Results API feeds you selected have now been imported into Excel, and you can create reports from the result data you have downloaded. For more information about Excel, please refer to its documentation